Finance for Non-Finance
Finance for Non-Finance program is for individuals who does not have an understanding around Finance, though understand its importance to take better Investment and Business decisions and hence would like to learn Finance.
Are you a Student, Engineer, Doctor, Lawyer, IT Consultant or someone from other profession who never had the opportunity to learn Finance but is interested to learn as you realise the importance of Finance in taking up Business & Investment decisions.
The Finance for Non-Finance programme enables students and professionals, especially from functional areas other than finance such as sales, marketing, human resource, research and development, production, procurement, to gain an extensive working knowledge of critical financial principles in an easy-to-follow manner, enabling them to make critical Business & Investment decisions.
This program aims to meet the requirements of students and operating managers or one who is interested in investing in the Stock Market who would like to be well versed with the introductory nuances of Finance. Deciphering financial concepts and developing the ability to see the business implications of numbers is a key outcome of this program, which aims to help participants:
- Understand the implications of finance on various corporate activities
- Understand and analyse financial statements
- Be in a better position to discuss relevant financial issues with finance managers/stakeholders in the organisation
- Get a better perspective on the financial aspects before taking up the decision to invest in stocks.
- Understand the impact of various decisions on a company’s performance
- Get practical insights and gain swift appreciation of the fundamentals of finance and accounting.
Topics to be covered:
- Myth about Financial Management
- Why everyone should know Finance
- What is Accounting
- Flow of Accounting
- What is the difference between Accounting & Finance
- What is Financial Management
- Which are the two most important financial statements
- Key questions in a Profit & Loss Account
- Why is a Profit & Loss statement made
- What is Profit
- What is the difference between a Topline and a Bottom Line
- What is Operating Profit
- What is PAT
- What is Net Worth
- What is a Balance Sheet
- Significance of Balance Sheet
- Differentiating Income & Liability and Expenses & Assets
- Difference between Expense and Asset
- How long shall be the life for something to be called an Asset
- How to differentiate between Profit and Cash
- How inventory impacts profit
- How the impact of inventory on profit be misinterpreted
- Why profit making may be dangerous
- What is Working Capital
- What is good Financial Management
- Why 'Less is Bad and More is Worse'
- What is Cost of Capital
- How to calculate Cost of Capital
- What is Working capital Cycle
- What one has to do to shorten the Working Capital cycle
- Working Capital Management
- How to easily analyze a balance sheet in 5 mins
- Difference between Cash Flow and Fund Flow
- Deciding between Debt & Equity
- How to correctly interpret your profit before the close of accounting process
- Relationship between fixed cost and profit
- Analysis of Fixed Costs
- Advantage of knowing the Leverage Multiple
- Operating Leverage vs Financial Leverage
- Good time and Bad time for Debt Equity Financing
- Contribution Analysis
- Determining the correct sales commission structure
- Business decisions with Ratio Analysis
- Need and use of Budgeting
- Alternative approaches for Budgeting
- Commonly used Budgeting systems
- Budgeting Control
Who should attend?
Students and Professionals with non-financial background who need to improve their financial skills in order to invest in stock market or make critical business decisions involving cost savings, budgets etc. This course can also potentially benefit entrepreneurs / wanna-be-entrepreneurs who is/would be required to take daily business decisions regarding their companies.
The programme is appropriate for self-employed professionals such as lawyers, medical practitioners, and non-financial managers across different industries, both in the public and private sector.
This is a video based program which you may access on our platform at your own time and comfort 24/7.
You will be receiving a soft Completion Certificate once you are through with the program.
You would have LIFETIME ACCESS on our platform.
If you have any queries, please drop a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 9867630701